United Parcel Service (UPS) is certainly the biggest package delivery service providers in the world that have millions of customers throughout the world. Every year people use to send gifts, flowers, etc. to their loved ones during holidays such as Christmas, Mother’s day, etc. through UPS. But it becomes very essential for people to know when does UPS stop delivering? This is because on many federal holidays UPS remains closed and they no mail service are delivered during those days. So, if you want to send your package through UPS it is very important for you to know the details about when UPS observes holidays so that you can send your package earlier to make sure that your package reaches to your recipient timely. UPS is known in the whole industry for its dedicated service to the customers and it always forwards its hand to help the customer at the time of the emergency. UPS works throughout the week for delivering all the packages on time and it only observes a few holidays when all its office remains throughout the US and also in other parts of the world. Hence no mail service will be running on such day.
UPS Holidays 2019 :
It is very essential for all the customer of UPS to know about its holidays. UPS observes only a few holidays in a year when it does not run any of its normal mail service except the emergency service. So apart from knowing the other details of UPS, the customer should also know about when does UPS close. All the small and large enterprises whose entire business relies on the package delivery company must know about the holidays of UPS. If these businesses know about the holiday details of UPS in advance then they will be able to plan their own delivery and shipping date according to the UPS holiday and there will be no delay in their own service. In 2019, all the office of UPS will remain closed on the following holidays no mail or package will be delivered on these dates:
- Tuesday, January 1 New Year’s Day
- Sunday, April 21 Easter
- Monday, May 27 Memorial Day
- Thursday, July 4 Independence Day
- Monday, September 2 Labor Day
- Thursday, November 28 Thanksgiving Day
- Wednesday, December 25 Christmas Day
UPS Holiday Schedule :
When a person knew the UPS holiday schedule and holidays hours it becomes easier for them to plan the shipment easily according to UPS holidays. Moreover, it is better if the customer knows why UPS observed these days as a holiday and takes a break from their normal work on these days. If you are a UPS customer and want to know all the details of UPS holidays then the following points will provide you the exact details of that:
- Tuesday, January 1 New Year’s Day: According to the Gregorian and Julian calendar 1st January is considered as the first day of the year. This day is observed as a federal holiday not only in the US but also in many other countries of the world. On this special day, it is usually seen that people make a resolution for the entire year. In the US, parades are also held and people use to worship in the churches, temples, mosques so that the year goes well. Apart from that, it is a trend to send mails and gift packets to near and dear ones on the New Year. UPS also observe 1st January as the holiday and do not deliver any mail service. However, UPS tries to complete all its delivery service one day before the New Year. So, it is always advisable for the UPS customers to send their gift, flowers or packages much earlier than the New Year so that UPS can deliver those to their recipient well before the New Year.
- Sunday, April 21 Easter: In the US every year Easter Sunday is observed as a holiday. Since in 2019 it falls on 21st April and it is a Sunday UPS will observe it 22nd April and no UPS office will be running on that day. So, don’t expect your mail to be delivered on that day.
- Monday, May 27 Memorial Day: In the US every year the last Monday of May month is observed as a holiday. This day is mainly observed as a federal holiday in the US as on this day people of America use to remember those persons who lost their lives at the time of serving their country. On 27th May Americans use to visit the memorials as well as cemeteries in order to honor those armies who died for their country. So, UPS also has a culture of observing this day as a holiday for showing respecting towards those brave armies. As such no mail will be delivered on this day. In 2019, the last Monday of May month falls on 27th May and hence UPS will not be running any of its mail delivery services on this day. So don’t expect your mail to be delivered on this day.
- Thursday, July 4 Independence Day: 4th July is always a special day for all Americans as they observe this day with a huge pump and happiness. On this day the US became independent from the hand of the British Empire in the year 1776. So, just like all other Americans UPS also observes this day as a holiday and do not operates any of its mail services on this day.
- Monday, September 2 Labor Day: In the US every year the first Monday of September month is considered as Labor Day. This day is considered as a federal holiday in the US as on this day the people of America honor the contribution of workers who took part in the American labor movement in order to strengthen the law and prosperity of America. So, like any other Americans UPS also observes this day as a holiday and they do not deliver their normal mail service on this day. Hence, you cannot expect your mail to be delivered on that day.
- Thursday, November 28 Thanksgiving Day: In the US the fourth Thursday of November is considered as a federal holiday. UPS takes a break on this day from its normal duties and observes this day as a holiday. They do not operate their usual mail service on this day. So, you cannot expect any mail to be delivered on this day.
- Wednesday, December 25 Christmas Day: 25th December is observed as Christmas Day all over the world. In the US also this day is observed with great pomp as it is the birthday of Jesus Christ. So, on this day UPS remains closed and no mail will be delivered on this day.
Thus, it is seen that UPS is one of the best package delivery service providers in the world that has been providing its outstanding service since its inception. It works throughout the year for its customer except for the federal holidays. So, if you are a UPS customer make sure that it is not a UPS holiday as no mail service will be delivered on these federal holidays. UPS runs 365 days a year and even provides its mail service on the weekends but it takes to break on the federal holidays and its office remain closed on those days. Thus you can say that UPS provides its outstanding mail service throughout the world and throughout the year except for the federal holidays.