United States Postal Service (USPS) is certainly the largest postal delivery service providers in the world having millions of customers throughout the world. Being the most trusted and reputed postal office in the US, people always prefer to choose it rather than taking any other mail service. But before you deliver you should know about US post office holidays as it will certainly help you to know whether it will be running on the day you want to deliver your mail or package. If you are not aware of the holiday of USPS it may happen that you are expecting your mail to be delivered but at the end of the day, you come to know that it was a holiday due to which the USPS was not running that day. But if you know the exact holiday you can deliver your mail accordingly. USPS generally works six days in a week, i.e., from Monday to Saturday for the standard mail or package. However, there can be an exception for the priority mail or package where USPS operates on Sunday as well as on Holiday. If you choose Priority Mail Express service then it will be delivered even if it is a holiday.
USPS Holidays 2019 :
If you are a customer of USPS then it is very essential to know about its holidays. USPS observes only a few holidays in a year when it does not run any of its normal mail service except the Priority Mail Express service. So apart from knowing the opening and closing time of the standard day the customer should also know when it is Post Office Holidays Hours. It is more essential to those small and large enterprises which have to rely on the package delivery company. This is because in such case they have to plan their delivery and shipping date as per the USPS holiday. In 2019 on the following holidays, all the office of USPS will remain closed and they will not deliver any mail or package on these dates:
- Tuesday, January 1 New Year’s Day
- Monday, January 21 Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday
- Monday, February 18 President’s Birthday
- Monday, May 27 Memorial Day
- Thursday, July 4 Independence Day
- Monday, September 2 Labor Day
- Monday, October 14 Columbus Day
- Monday, November 11 Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 28 Thanksgiving Day
- Wednesday, December 25 Christmas Day
US Postal Service Holidays :
Once you know the Post Office Holidays Hours it becomes easier for you to plan how to do shipment as per the holiday schedule. Apart from that, it is also necessary for a customer why these federal holidays are observed in the US post office. If you are a USPS customer and want to know why the holidays mentioned above is considered as the US mail holidays then you can know the exact reason by going through the following points:
- Tuesday, January 1 New Year’s Day: As per the Gregorian calendar as well as Julian 1st January is considered as the first day of the year in the US as well as in many other countries of the world. It is generally seen that people make a resolution on that day. Apart from the US parades are held in many other countries as well as some services are also offered in the churches so that the year goes well. People also sent mails and gift packets to wish on the New Year. This is why in this special day USPS observed the holiday and do not deliver any mail service. However, USPS use to complete all its delivery service one day before that. So, if you want to send any gift to anyone you should place your order much earlier so that it is delivered to the recipient before the New Year.
- Monday, January 21 Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday: In the US every year the third Monday of January month is considered a holiday as on this day Martin Luther King Jr. was born. So, on this day USPS observed the holiday and no mail will be delivered on this day except the shipment is Priority Mail Express Service. Since in 2019 the third Monday of January month falls on 21st January USPS will not be running its mail delivery service on that day. So, don’t expect your mail to be delivered on that day.
- Monday, February 18 President’s Birthday: In the US every year the third Monday of February month is considered a holiday as on this day the first president of the U.S George Washington was born. So, in order to give respect to the first president of the US and also to the entire president who served the US third Monday of February month is observed as a holiday throughout the US. USPS also observes this day as a holiday and no mail will be delivered on this day except the shipment is Priority Mail Express Service. Since in 2019 the third Monday of February month falls on 18th February USPS will not be running any of its mail delivery services on that day and that is the reason why you should expect your mail to be delivered on that day.
- Monday, May 27 Memorial Day: Every year the last Monday of May month is considered as a holiday in the US as on this day Americans use to remember those armies who die while serving their country. On this day Americans use to visit the memorials and cemeteries for honoring the dead armies. So, USPS also observes this day as a holiday for respecting those dead armies. As such no mail will be delivered on this day except the shipment is Priority Mail Express Service. Since in 2019 the last Monday of May month falls on 27th May and as a result, USPS will not be running any of its mail delivery services on that day and so don’t expect your mail to be delivered on that day.
- Thursday, July 4 Independence Day: This is a special day for all Americans as on this day the Continental Congress adopted the declaration of the Independence in the 1776 and from this day the US became independent and was never been the part of the British Empire. So, this day is observed in great pomp throughout the US. USPS also observed this day as a holiday and operates any of its standard mail delivery services on this day.
- Monday, September 2 Labor Day: The first Monday of September month is considered as Labor Day in the US as on this day Americans honor the contribution of workers who took part in the American labor movement for strengthening the law and prosperity of America. So, USPS also observes this day as a holiday and no mail service takes place on this day and you cannot expect your mail to be delivered on that day except it is Priority Mail Express Service.
- Monday, October 14 Columbus Day: On second Monday of October every year American celebrated the arrival of Christopher Columbus on October 12, 1492, in the US. So, on this day USPS also observed the holiday and they do not deliver any mail service on this day.
- Monday, November 11 Veterans Day: Every Year 11th November is observed as a holiday in the US for honoring those people who served the US Armed force. USPS will remain closed on this day for showing their respect towards the armies of their country. So, you cannot expect your mail to be delivered on this day except it is Priority Mail Express Service.
- Thursday, November 28 Thanksgiving Day: The fourth Thursday of November is considered a holiday in the US. USPS also observed this day as a holiday and do not operate their normal mail service on this day. So, you cannot get any mail on this day.
- Wednesday, December 25 Christmas Day: 25th December is observed as Christmas Day as Jesus Christ was born on that day. This day is observed with great pomp all over the world and on this day USPS remains closed and no mail will be delivered on this day.
Thus, you can see the United States Postal Service (USPS) works throughout the year for its customer except for the federal holidays. However, if you want your mail service to be delivered on these federal holidays then you have to avail Priority Mail Express Service. USPS understands the problems of their customers and always tries to stand beside them and so they deliver the Priority Mail Express Service even on these federal holidays. Thus it will not be wrong to say that USPS runs 365 days a year and provides its outstanding mail service throughout the world throughout the year.